Ace Christian Atsu Wiki – Ace Christian Atsu Biography
Ace Christian Atsu 31-year-old former Newcastle and Chelsea player was scheduled to fly out of the country hours before the devastating 7.8-magnitude earthquake on February 6. But the Ghanaian star reportedly canceled his flight to stay with his teammates after scoring the dramatic winner in a Super League game the day before. He was supposed to fly out at 11 p.m. m. and the quake struck just a few hours later at 4 a.m. m. local time.
After 12 days of desperately searching for Atsu, his manager said his body was tragically discovered buried in rubble on Saturday. “Atsu’s lifeless body was found under the rubble,” Murat Uzunmehmet said. “Currently, more items are still being released. His phone was also found.”
Rescue teams found Atsu’s body where he was staying at Ronesans Residence, a 12-story luxury apartment block that collapsed in the Hatay city of Antakya. His agent Nana Sechere said: “It is with the greatest regret that I have to announce to all supporters that Christian Atsu’s body was unfortunately recovered this morning. “My condolences to his family and his loved ones. I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for his prayers and support.”
Ace Christian Atsu Age
The age of Ace Christian Atsu was 31 years.
Ace Christian Atsu cause of death
Hatayspor, with whom Atsu signed in September, said his body was being repatriated to Ghana. “We will never forget you, Atsu,” said the club. “Peace be with you, beautiful person. There are no words to describe our sadness.” Former Chelsea captain John Terry tweeted a photo of Atsu along with the message: “RIP my friend.”
Newcastle said: “We are deeply saddened to learn that Christian Atsu has tragically lost his life in the devastating earthquakes in Turkey. “A talented player and a special person, he will always be fondly remembered by our players, staff and fans.” There were initial reports that the midfielder had been rescued a day after the quake, but these turned out to be false.
Previous footage showed rescuers with search lights examining the remains of the Atsu apartment block on the first night of the natural disaster. His voice was then heard in the rubble, along with that of Hatayspor sporting director Taner Savut, according to local reports. Atsu, who has three children with his wife Marie-Claire, spent four seasons at Chelsea before a permanent transfer to Newcastle in 2017.
He signed for Turkish Super Lig side Hatayspor in September. Several members of his new team had to be rescued from their homes after the earthquake struck at 4 a.m. local time. The massive 7.8 magnitude quake was recorded early on February 6. Two more quakes struck within 24 hours of the initial tremor, leaving a trail of destruction.
More than 43,000 people are believed to have now been killed in Turkey and Syria. And the frigid conditions and the difficulty in getting aid to remote areas are fueling a new humanitarian disaster.Read More…..
The United Nations regional humanitarian coordinator for Syria, Muhannad Hadi, said the death toll in the country will rise as teams rush to reach buildings in the hardest-hit areas.
The Sun Earthquake Appeal, which we launched to support the Red Cross, has now raised over £1 million with readers donating £110,000.